Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Sandy Trails For Healthy Hearts

Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have. Margaret Mead

Some caring person put up a handmade sign at the bottom of a trail I often trek through in Crescent Beach.

Although you can't tell by the photo (above), the trail is steep and gets me puffing, which probably means the climb is good for the heart.

I was in my twenties when mom died suddenly after a heart attack. Decades later I'm still not over the shock. Because there are many wonderful paths near my area and to increase my chances of a longer life, I challenge myself when I walk. At the bottom of the hill there's car traffic and a busy railway track.

There's beach access where folks go to refresh, build sandcastles and more.

Mother's Day is upon us. I wondered if the stack of rocks (below) represent mother and child. The big one could be the parent and the smaller one the child, although as we get older it can become the other way around.

Parents tend to shrink over time but mothering instincts never do for women or men who take positive steps big and small. Helpful deeds, like useful signage and walking, can save a life so Happy Mother's Day to whoever added the cautionary note to the back of their artistic Sandy Trail sign.


This post is linked to signs, signs.

Visit Postcards From Penelope Puddle to view more BC scenes.

See OUR WORLD to explore more sights from around the globe.

13 comments:

  1. That's a very nice trail to take walks on, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely trail that is and nice caring signs along it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed walking with you through your lens. Sometimes I wish there was more signage in places. To warn you of impending danger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Mom will be 90 in December, and we have gotten much closer in the last 4 years, since we moved closer to her (at first) and now we 'visit' every week via Skype. So, I can't imagine losing her at such an early age, as you did ...

    Your pictures and prose are so wonderful in this post. I was especially drawn to the second picture, with the light and shadow, and the fence curving around the path. I hope you enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A curving path or a curving railway track always make me curious of what landscape will wait for me. But, if there’s any danger ahead, I’d love signage about it. Nice trail for healthy walk with signage made by the kind heart. Yes, we are shrinking as we get older, but love and motherhood can grow even more. Belated, but Happy Mother’s Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lovely stack of rocks! The lane to the beach is charming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks like a great place for a walk. Great photos as well

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful place. Loved all pics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, the trail looks very nice. It is good to challenge yourself on your walks. I love the beach view. Enjoy your day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful place for walking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We never stop missing our Mother do we?

    That is a beautiful trail ... although it sounds like one I wouldn't try until I get used to hills again (after spending half a year in flatland Florida, it always takes me a while to get readjusted after we get home). A trail that ends up at the beach sounds perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a really beautiful trail and it is good to know that there are kind people out there like the one who made the sign.

    ReplyDelete

YOUR THOUGHTS add colour to the content and are always much appreciated.