Sunday, April 22, 2018

Tethered To A Cloud

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:18

I ONCE WAS A bud so new there was nothing of "me" to contemplate. Although I couldn't put my earliest moments into words, they're stored in my memories somehow. Perhaps I was still tethered to the "unseen" as an infant, an intangible place beyond the realm of ticking clocks. This eternal place, as impossible to grasp as a cloud, came up at the funeral of former first lady Barbara Bush who lived a full and generous life. Sights and sounds, hot and cold, kindness and meanness were rudimentary senses in the first weeks of her life as they are for us all. Now, after ninety-two years, she is beyond such concerns. While she rests in peace, her positive influence will remain and grow like a flower in the "seen" world of circling seasons.


Visit Postcards From Penelope Puddle to view more BC scenes.

See OUR WORLD to explore more sights from around the globe.

Copyright by Penelope Puddlisms

7 comments:

  1. She was a true lady and someone to be admired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely post, I will always remember her great attitude to life and how much she loved her family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each of us hold different seed within us. I like your choice and dedication of the purple magnolia to the great lady.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear, you are amazing. Here I sit, focused on my little Montana world, and you are writing about world issues and the lives of leading women. Inspired, I am.

    ReplyDelete

YOUR THOUGHTS add colour to the content and are always much appreciated.