Thursday, January 12, 2012

Giving Crescent Beach Waters A Swirl

IT WAS A HANG ONTO YOUR HAT blustery afternoon when I took a walk recently along the Crescent Beach shoreline to find the bay area was unusually animated.

The wind whipped at my face as it surfed the soaked edge where I wandered. If the weather had been less chilly, I would have kicked off my shoes and dug my toes in the silky sand that the water was softening.

The sun cast a silver glow as bouncy waves rushed in and out of the shore ...

spilling beaded water like strings of pearls on the spongy floor.

Bubbly blankets of foam rolled over the pebbles and made swirling designs.

I was tempted to stay but had to pull away from the ebb and flow of the sea that danced like we do to life's rhythms.

Copyright by Penelope Puddlisms

6 comments:

  1. ".. dancing like me to life's rhythms." I can't think of a more eloquent way to describe your connection to the ocean on that day, Maria. Your "strings of pearls" imagery was another of those perfect moments in the post. I caught my first sight of cherry blossoms this past week. As much as I love the ocean's "wild side" (from a safe vantage point), I like to think those blossoms are a sign of a gentler rhythmic flow just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The oceans rhythmic movements are entracing to me as well. Dramatic but at the same time calming. I agree that there is nothing better than to feel the toes in the sand and surf, but I'll leave that one until the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your poetic way of describing the shore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the waves lapping at the shore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully expressed, and wonderful photos. Those big waves are great, and they don't happen all that often at Crescent Beach, do they?
    A fabulous post.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  6. The constant ebb and flow of the tide is one of the beautiful and powerful rhythms of the earth. Your photos are superb with the pastel sky, the light shimmering on the water, and the lacy or foamy waves.

    ReplyDelete

YOUR THOUGHTS add colour to the content and are always much appreciated.