Thursday, September 4, 2014

Inspirational Sign From A Billboard

INSPIRATION can be found in unlikely places. A message on a billboard at the local nursery caught my attention more than the plants did recently.

"Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will," the sign read.

Dreams loftily float above the clouds or sit on pedestals, which is why we assume they are extremely difficult to attain.

Yet most things we hope to achieve are doable and already reality for possibly millions of people. Improved health, wealth, relationships and/or artistic, athletic and scientific achievements happen daily for dreamers who believe.

Do caterpillars doubt they will be butterflies? The billboard and a butterfly my daughter painted remind me that doubting and feeling intimidated by our own dreams delays us from doing what needs to be done to see them materialize.

Famed author Johann Goethe wrote nearly two centuries ago, "Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it."

Discover more words to ponder in interesting places at SIGNS, SIGNS.

17 comments:

  1. Very true that quote. Wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first sign sums it up brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice thoughts! Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doubt is definitely a dream-killer, but sometimes it's hard to avoid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great image and doubt can be a real stumbling block in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If only we have wings to fly in our mind, I think we will overcome doubts and be able to believe in our potentials to make our dream come true. Your daughter’s butterfly is so fantastic.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this inspirational post. Doubts are indeed harmful. For me they are a bad habit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is no doubt in my mind that this lovely post inspires me! Your daughter inherits your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great sign and post. Doubt can be a difficult thing to overcome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That message seems particularly appropriate with respect to my recently deleted you tubes. Thanks, Maria! As for the butterfly, it is simply exquisite! I'm thinking your daughter has long ago figured out the truth in that inspirational message and is running with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful post with a great message. Both photos are lovely. Your daughter's butterfly was brilliant. I also wanted to say how much I enjoy your other blog also. And thank you for your very kind words on my post. I appreciated them very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not my favorite nursery...as you might know.

    Not to let a photographer take a photo of a flower just because she might "make a profit off of it" I'm still boycotting them even from here.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do remember you writing about that incident, Jen. I think this is another location but I have not tested them to see if their treatment of photographers is more relaxed. With practically everyone having a cell phone and/or camera in hand a “no picture taking” policy at any nursery is impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great message!
    And that is a lovely creation of the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots of wisdom and so true I sometimes catch myself doubting and it takes your focus of the things you want to achieve.
    Love your daughters painting It is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always rather like that Disney slogan, "if you can dream it you can do it." I'm wondering which bit of DIsney it comes from....

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely post, my friend. I've been out of touch for a while and have missed your little glimpses into White Rock, and life. I've been working at my writing, so the quote on doubt hit home.Thanks for sharing it. My Potter's is turned into a Haunted House...not quite so much food for thought there...lol.

    ReplyDelete

YOUR THOUGHTS add colour to the content and are always much appreciated.