Sunday, November 23, 2014

Keeping Spirits Half-Bright At Crescent Beach

"Worrying is like praying for something bad to happen," a woman said to her friend. I overheard this snippet of conversation as the pair walked past me down a Crescent Beach road. Variations on those words have drifted into my consciousness throughout the years. Now and then I am reminded that fretting is not helpful … it stresses the worrier and can lead to negative results. Getting encouragement and a little exercise each day are simple things that keep us on a more hopeful track. It is like the sun breaking through the doom of a gloomy thought ... which ironically did happen (above photo) on that same walk.

With brightened spirits, I used leafless tree stems to partially shield my camera lens from the potentially harmful rays of direct sunlight. There is something to be said about worrying just enough to be reasonably cautious.

Visit Postcards From Penelope Puddle to view more BC scenes.

To see more sights from around the globe visit Our World at the sidebar.

Copyright by Penelope Puddlisms

13 comments:

  1. Such a positive post. I spend far too much time worrying! I must remember "Worrying is like praying for something bad to happen."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post. My mom always said, no use worrying about it till it happens. And quite often it is usually for nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Penelope - My mother used to say the thing like “Worrying is like praying for something bad to happen.” Things happen, so we need to be cautious to some extent, but don’t’ have to be overly so. Your thoughts is nicely shown by the picture.

    A large earthquake hit the places on the major tectonic line in Nagano for the first time in ten years yesterday. It was the place of my October travel mentioned in my previous post. Even if your living place is safe, you could meet such disaster during your travel both domestic and international. Living in a country prone to major earthquake, I’d like to live my life fully without overly concerns, but well prepared to.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true that worrying takes away today's joy... but sometimes I just can't help it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, I tend to worry too much! Thanks for sharing, have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely creative capture of the light and tree!

    Happy Thanksgiving in the USA
    artmusedog and carol
    www.acreativeharbor.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shots and a great outlook. The older I get the better I am about pushing back some of the worrying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, yes, beautiful shots and wise words and I do SO agree!! Have a great a week!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sometimes serendipity comes in to remind us what we need to remember, and to be grateful for what is. Lovely image. I am starting to walk again before work - it is amazing how much better I feel for having done it.
    Have a beautiful, worry free week. I am joining you at Our World Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Penelope - Many thanks for your kind thoughts for the people of the stricken places. Wish you happy and healthy days ahead.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been slow to comment on this post, but its wisdom has been floating around in my mind, Penelope. This morning, I thought of a book (that I've never read but am considering putting on our Kindle), "The Joy of Stress" by Peter Hanson. A former teacher told me it changed his life. As I write, I'm listening to Peter Hanson speak at this site: "speakinc.com/speaker/peter-hanson"
    I'm rambling here, but the beautiful photo with sun breaking through your worry is a message that every one of us can apply to our own journeys. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete

YOUR THOUGHTS add colour to the content and are always much appreciated.