Sunday, September 17, 2017

Yes, You Can Lead A Horse To Water

ANIMAL LOVERS know that best friends aren't always human. I spent countless hours imagining my own horse as a girl. This graceful creature with soulful eyes and long swishing tail was my perfect companion and confidant, galloping us off into great adventures. Since my opportunities to ride (let alone own) a horse were limited, I could only pretend, unlike the youngsters I recently spotted at Crescent Beach. Content at their slow pace, horses and riders were mirrored in pools of water and made inky shadows on the beach floor for SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY, WEEKEND REFLECTIONS and CAMERA CRITTERS.


Visit Postcards From Penelope Puddle to view more BC scenes.

Copyright by Penelope Puddlisms

7 comments:

  1. Lovely reflection shots and gorgeous horses ^_^

    (A ShutterBug Explores)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horses and water seem to go together like hands and gloves. Thanks for joining the fun at Shadow Shot Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is something I've never tried .... they look lovely on the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely shots! Lucky are the kids who grow up with animals as friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. “This graceful creature with soulful eyes and long swishing tail was my perfect companion and confidant, galloping us off into great adventures.” I like this poetic expression of yours. Horse-riding at the seaside is picture-perfect, and still more with reflections and shadows.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not sure what it is about young girls and ponies/horses - so many of us shared that same dream. Growing up, there was a horse farm at the end of our street, and I would spend hours hanging on the wooden fence to pet the horses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice photos It must be wonderful to gallop on the beach with the wind in your hair

    ReplyDelete

YOUR THOUGHTS add colour to the content and are always much appreciated.