Saturday, September 24, 2016

When The Road Gets Rocky ... Make Faces

ONE CLEVER family along my path got creative with some rocks.

The faces they painted where perfect for the oval/roundish shapes of the stones. All ages were represented. Some had a grin ...

while others looked more prim.

Each wore a fixed expression like a picture frozen in time.

I loved them all ... this rock-solid dynasty spread out by a tree.

I went back a day later and wondered if they survived a downpour.

To my delight the rain made them brighter. The one above was my favorite. Fallen leaves curled up alongside its head like ears.

They looked similar from afar but no two stones were alike when I got near. It was clear that the individual markings, curves, textures and tones nature provided enhanced their differing personalities.

One character looked a bit miffed about the leaf on its brow. Or maybe there was some relationship issues going on with the rest of the gang.

Despite being inanimate objects, each face told a human story, including the pretty (little Geisha?) or masked girl below.

Had there been thousands more stones each would be unique, even if painted by the same hand using the same brush. Whether in art, stones or with the living, diversity is nature's key because as Winnie The Pooh said, “The things that make me different are the things that make me.”

Visit Postcards From Penelope Puddle to view more BC scenes.

To see more sights from around the globe visit OUR WORLD at the sidebar.

Copyright by Penelope Puddlisms

8 comments:

  1. Brings new meaning to the phrase 'stone-faced'! Creative indeed.... I wonder if it was one person, a family outing or maybe a party activity. Clever either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The family is so clever, imaginative, and creative. I think even inanimate things have a life of their own and I’m glad the family made the stones look animate. I like it when fallen leaves play around the faces. I wonder if the stones are happy with their given faces. Thank you for sharing, Penelope, this is so exciting. Have a nice week!

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these are so cheerful! Thanks for the smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea ~ great photos too!

    We live near a beach that is loaded with rocks and have painted some in the past ~ thanks for reminding me ~ have to dig them out ~

    Wishing you a wonderful week ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, some people are so creative. LOL, not me! I love the rock arts and cute faces. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so funny...and cute! Love the big laughing faces! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Penelope, for your comment, which made me realize my mistake. I have to apologize my carelessness and correct. “My husband and I let the most of the bell crickets free into the garden ….” was misleading. I should’ve written “.. into our garden” instead of “into the garden”. And I should’ve added “at home….” at the beginning of the sentence to show that place changed from the temple to my garden. I corrected that part in my post just now.

    Instead of gaining freedom, the bell crickets must live on their own and could become a victim of their natural enemies. As to those who are left in the cage, their singing faints gradually, which makes me feel a little sad.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! Fanciful and fun faces.

    ReplyDelete

YOUR THOUGHTS add colour to the content and are always much appreciated.