Monday, July 7, 2014

A Scoop Of Whimsy In White Rock


WAKING UP to a flute player on the balcony and a crowing rooster decorating the front lawn must make the owners of this house in White Rock smile.

I enjoy seeing their leap into whimsy each time I travel along Marine Drive.

The obviously creative owners are local artists I believe.

The eye candy they call home reminds me of strawberry shortcake, lollipops and ice cream sundaes.

The more you look the more you see. It took a while to realize there was a pig with polka dots on the patio beneath the suspended bicycle.

No matter which direction you turn your gaze there is something new to discover.

There are delicious swirls and curls everywhere and gumballs the size of Easter eggs.

And why not add a pink playhouse to be the cherry on top of such a fantastical home?

Does the whimsy stop at the front door? I can easily imagine there is much more creativity to find under the umbrella and roof of that house. Maybe one day I will receive an invitation to come inside.


Visit Postcards From Penelope Puddle to view more BC scenes.

To see more sights from around the globe visit Our World at the sidebar.

Copyright by Penelope Puddlisms

15 comments:

  1. What wonderful whimsy! Love it.

    I've just sent you a mail - but you should also be able to see my e-mail address in this comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me smile. I am a big fan of whimsical touches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this!! I, too, love the whimsical touches! How fun!! Thanks for sharing this!! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I would love to be invited inside as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a whimsical place, so colorful and creative and great shots for OWT ~ thanks, ^_^

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an unusual home quite disneyesque

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love whimsy and there is a lot of it here. Great shots! Thank you also for the birthday greetings, so sweet of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Owned by people who enjoy whimsy! Although I cannot see myself decorating this way I enjoy seeing someone else do it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ack, I'm not sure if Blogger ate my comment or not...lol.

    But I love the fact that they can live their life on their own terms, colorful and cheerful that it is.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yeah, I think you definitely need to meet these people (and ask them if you can share the inside with all your bloggy friends too!)I like whimsy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoyable array of shots of whimsy! Looks like a cheerful and playful doll’s house. I especially like the reindeer wind vane.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the creator of all that whimsey would be delighted with your photographs and with your ability to see so many "hidden" treasures, Penelope. Oh, that bicycle. Be still my heart :) While I'm here, I want to mention your last post. I listened to the Leo Rojas selection and just loved the happy vibes emanating in every direction! Your posts have a personal whimsey that touches everything you see.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to have a look inside that house. What a delightful fairy tale it is. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Coming to this article super late, but I helped build this house (I was just telling a friend about building this and went to see if I could find some pictures, which is how I ended up here). It is just as whimsical inside! The people who commissioned us to build it are absolutely lovely and incredibly creative.

    ReplyDelete

YOUR THOUGHTS add colour to the content and are always much appreciated.