Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Camouflage & A Card That Glitters

WOULDN'T WE ALL like to camouflage at times the way this pet does on a beach at Davis Bay? Staying in the background can be comforting and feel safe when uninspired or simply tired and searching for a word that begins with the letter "C". As a teenager I certainly didn't want to be conspicuous and did my best to blend in with the rest.

But a closer look reveals no stone is commonplace when the tide washes color onto the gray. So if unnoticed or seen only by chance a glimmer of hope to step out of the shadows and to make a ripple need not be tossed away. My Penelope Puddle greeting card tells overlooked dreamers what they deep-down already know: "You're a special little pebble on the beach of life."

When I've lost my glow, I tend to dab a little extra glitter on the cards that I craft. Whenever I'm absorbed in creative projects, photography or the wonders of nature, some specks from a greater cosmic sparkle tend to rub off on me.

Copyright by Penelope Puddlisms

This post showcases the letter "C". If you think words are fun and enjoy playing with the alphabet, visit ABC Wednesday.

13 comments:

  1. very effective camo - could be in the military!

    ROG, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well your Cosmic sparkle really works.
    Terrific Cards.
    The dog in the first photo is really camouflaged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing how the dog blended into the pebbles. I fear as a teen I was crass and conspicuous. I covered shyness back then by being flashy and loud. At my current age, I'm a lot more inclined to fade into the woodwork. Your cards are fantastic. Carver, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting perspective on the camo, I love your cards and treasure the ones you gave me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super choices for the letter C.
    I keep threatening to phone you, don't I? Well, if I'm ever awake and coherent some morning, I will.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great "C" scapes. The card is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful photos and I love your cards. Do you sell them? If so, where?

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  8. The camouflage is perfect !
    Gattina
    ABC Team

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Leslie, thanks so much for asking about the cards! They are currently being sold locally in the places I mention at the bottom of the page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh, that's a nice post. And I think your cards are special.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Though I might need camouflage or blending into to distract others from myself sometimes, I treasure the time of becoming one with something. I hope I would add my glow in my solitary walks, looking for the essence of life or wonders of nature and capturing the moments to keep them as frozen music. Your cards are so nice with Penelope with her umbrella-wand. You keep child-like heart, Penelope.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are just wonderful Just love them and we all need a bit of glitter to shine from time to time.
    Nice bleding doggy on the beach. I didn't blend in at school that well and my glitter was that I was the class clown so they gave me some respect.
    Wonder what the red object is on the beach. A bag I think.
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  13. very nice hobby. a great way to release tensions ;) visiting from ABC Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

YOUR THOUGHTS add colour to the content and are always much appreciated.