Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Squirrelly Tale

THE WHITE FURRY CRITTER that showed up in my backyard in Surrey, BC, the other day was totally unexpected. Squirrels of beige, black, brown and gray have scampered swishing their tails along the climbing ivy. But this is my first sighting of the white variety. Apparently, they are more common in eastern Canada. As the video link shows, white squirrels even inspired a song and have become a mascot and claim to fame for Exeter, a small community in southwestern Ontario.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I've never, ever seen a white squirrel. How wonderful that it chose to pay you a visit, and that you took time to share this with your readers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treat for you, Penelope! I have squirrels of many colours - including one who's piebald - stop by every day to feast on the food I leave out, but I have never come across a white one. If you see this fellow again, could you please ask him to drop by my yard in Newton...LOL!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen a white one either. Some people say we have squirrels here in Comox. I have not seen one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen a white squirrel either. How wonderful that you were able to capture it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool! he's a cutie. I used to live in Western NC in a town called Brevard and they were known for their white squirrels (not albino). Cool find!

    ReplyDelete

YOUR THOUGHTS add colour to the content and are always much appreciated.